Here’s how you can continue to support “Mama Where Is the Truth?“:
- Facebook: Head over to Facebook and “like” the Mama Where Is the Truth? page.
- Sharing: Share this page with everyone you know!
- Support Jo: Check out Jo’s Instagram page and show your support by following her and purchasing her products.
- Well Wishes: Send me love and support as I continue to savor this beautiful creation process!
- Host an Author Reading: If you would like me to read the book at your library, school, birthday party or home, please let me know! To start, I’ll be doing this in the greater Decatur/Champaign/Springfield/Bloomington Illinois area. I’m always open to being flown or driven to your location, too! (A gal can dream, right? Isn’t this how this all started to being with? <3)
- Contribute: You are always welcome to contribute to the continued creation of this book! Your support will be greatly appreciated. <3 If you’d like to contribute towards the acquisition of the ISBN numbers and the printing of the book, please use the link below. Simply enter the amount you’d like to donate. Disclaimer: I can’t guarantee that your name will appear in the book, I can guarantee that it will appear on this page above and that you will receive the limited edition PDF. <3
I invite you to preview some of the illustrations below. (Mobile users, swipe left!)
I wrote a book.
Picture it. Summer. 2016. I woke up one morning with a beautiful idea in my head. I wrote it all down in about fifteen minutes. The next thing I knew, I had written a children’s story. I almost couldn’t believe it, and yet, there it was. I’ve been chronicling about my experience and I invite you to read about it here.
I wrote a book.
It felt surreal. I’ve dreamt about writing a book, a series of books even, yet it never materialized. And then, much like things tend to do when they are incredibly aligned, it happened.
I wrote a book.
For almost two years, those words sat there, waiting for the right soul to bring them to life. Through a series of events, I found my illustrator and the woman who is lovingly breathing life into each one of my words.
Her name is Jo.
Jo Cauldrick. She lives in England and has one of the most creative spirits I’ve ever encountered. I wrote about how we met in this blog post. When I view each one of her illustrations for the book, I take a moment to simply say ‘thank you’. Thank you to each and every experience that led me to find her because I now see that she was always the one who was meant to bring my words to life.
I wrote a book.
Without Jo’s beautiful gifts, this book would still be a Word document sitting on my desktop. I deeply see that it takes a village in order to bring one’s dreams and creations to life.
And now, I say this to all of you:
thank you for helping me bring my book to life!
When I envisioned this book coming to life, I envisioned it surrounded by the love and support of a beautiful community, with people like you supporting it in a variety of ways.
I am incredibly humbled and grateful to share that 54 Benefactors have contributed to this dream!! Together, we raised $1300.00!! This completely covers the costs of the illustrations AND partially pays for the ISBN numbers. Woweee!
Each Benefactor will have their name included on the inside front or back cover of the book, be listed below with their website, and they also receive a special, limited edition PDF of the first illustration of the book. (If you will still like to contribute towards this book, please let me know! You will receive the limited edition PDF and have your name and website included below as a thank you!)
In addition to these Benefactors, countless other souls have liked, shared, and supported my journey. And to each one of you I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!
Benefactors of Mama, Where Is the Truth?
So what’s next?
I’m so glad you asked! Jo is finalizing the illustrations. Then, her husband Karl will take all her hand-painted images and work his magic to make them digital images. Once that is complete, the images will be positioned onto each page and the words will be added to each page.
Once the digital version is complete, I will send it to the printer to have the very first copy of the book published (with an ISBN number and all!). Eeeek! I can’t wait to receive it and show it to you!
Then, the book will be available for pre-order. The goal is to pre-sell 100 books to meet the minimum requirement of the selected printer. This means that you will have an opportunity to buy one (or more!) copies of the book and you will receive it a little bit down the road once I have placed the bulk order of 100 books (or more!). Your patience will be greatly appreciated!
I’m so deeply grateful for your support, for helping me reach my Phase One milestones, and for cheering me on as we embark on Phase Two!
And, I’m gonna thank you in advance for pre-ordering the book! THANK YOU!
In awe of you,